Sunday 6 January 2008

Save Me

To Do:

Research Game Save.

--------------------

As I said before, players and non-players get sucked in by the life-like details. The FIFA player asks me to play just so he can watch. At some point watching isn't enough. The FIFA player wants to be Assassin's Creed Boy if only for a moment. I growl, but relinquish the controls.

He uses no tact. He storms through town on the back of a galloping stallion. Soldiers circle. They attack. The FIFA player cum Assassin's Creed Boy attacks. His play demonstrates a complete lack of finesse, which, although I've not gotten far I know is required.

I'm not worried. I figure I just won't save his progress.

Should I have been worried? It seems Assassin's Creed doesn't have the save options that I would hope it would have. Can't I have more than one game in progress (i.e. saved) at any given time? Did the FIFA player really steamroller over all my progress, and is there no way to go back?

I do not know the answers to these questions. So far the game save functionality does not appear to be as robust as I would expect it to be. If my I'm wrong on this point, then the functionality is not as intuitive as it should be, because a player should be playing his/her game, not researching it.