Sunday 10 February 2008

In Limbo

I probably spent more time pulling together the template for this blog than I've spent actually playing the game.

Needless to say, my initial enthusiasm for what was going to be my new passion has waned. It may have been premature to have registered the 'assassinscreedgirl.com' domain and to have fantasised about hours on end of role-play fighting and puzzle-solving intermingled with writing about role-play fighting and puzzle-solving. I probably should have read others' reviews first.

The FIFA player has asked me to hurry up and finish Assassin's Creed so that we can turn it in for some other game. Such drastic action is itself premature. I still don't think I've given the game a fair shot. If the FIFA player makes more trade-in overtures, he'll find a fight on his hands.

My complaint about "save game" stands: it is ridiculous that in order to save multiple games you need to either create a new profile or save your current game to some other location (USB stick?). Granted, it's not difficult to create a new profile; but, how difficult is it to code a game to allow multiple game saves? If it is so hard, why have so many other games succeeded in giving their fans the OBVIOUS ability to save multiple games.

I guess that's my biggest complaint: the lack of intuitiveness / transparency in this area. I shouldn't have had to google to figure it out.