Tuesday 1 January 2008

First Foray

The FIFA Player laughed at me as I tried to handle the new Playstation 3. I found the main power button without difficulty. It's just just like a normal on/off button and sits right where it did on the PS3's predecessor. The Eject Disc and Reset Game buttons were the ones that caused me frustration. The FIFA Player and I are space conscious, and consequently have the new device set up vertically between a couple of fancy art books, which results in the already camouflaged futuristic, flat Eject Disc and Reset Game buttons in being more camouflaged. After some swearing on my part and chuckling on the FIFA Player's part, I figured it out. The game slid into it's slot. Our screen burst to life.

As I suspected, the intial familiarisation with the controls, the moves, walking, running, blending in, was dizzying. I lasted about 15 minutes before I turned the game off. Learning the basics is something you want to do alone, not in front of the seasoned fingers of a FIFA player.